Saturday, February 7, 2009

We are MOVING!!!!

I guess it's safe to tell everyone now...Jake and I are MOVING!!! About a week ago, Jake called me and asked me if I wanted to go look at some homes, because he and Mike, the guy he works with who is also a realtor, had an idea for us to buy a cheap house, fix it up, and flip it. I said yes and didn't really expect much to come from it, because we've looked a million times and never followed through and actually bought a house.

We found a cute little two bedroom house just a few blocks from where we live and instantly fell in love. While it's in a different ward in our stake, which is kind of a bummer, it's in a good neighborhood and is actually in really good condition. It will need some updates, but for the most part, we are getting a great deal. And it just felt like home! We decided to put in an offer, which was later accepted, so we are going to officially be homeowners! I haven't said anything yet because we haven't set a closing date, but we will be closed before March 16 as part of the agreement.

Pictures and updates to come! Yay us!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

That's exciting Ames. I'm happy for you guys! I wish I could be moving into a house. I can't wait to see pictures!

Emily said...

Yeah! That's so fun! Glad you found a good deal and that you love it!