Monday, February 23, 2009

Vegas baby!

Jake, Sayer, and I took a little impromptu trip to Las Vegas last week with his parents. His dad and sister, Mindy, are volleyball coaches and went to a coaching clinic. His brother-in-law, Daniel, coaches football and was going to the same clinic, so we got to help Jake's mom take care of their little girls.

For those of you who know me, I've literally been to about three places further than Salt Lake in my life. It was really fun to actually have a vacation! Here are some pictures of our fun:

We saw African acrobats at Circus Circus, and Sayer got to play on all the toys at the Midway:


We also went to the M&M factory on the Strip. I'm pretty sure it was my favorite part; they have a 3-D movie that is awesome! Plus, it's four floors and huge! This is Sayer waiting to watch the movie and trying to get into Dad's stash of M&M's


Ok, I MIGHT have to rethink my favorite part. I'm a huge fan of Terry Fator, who won America's Got Talent two years ago. He's a ventriloquist and he has a show at the Mirage in Vegas. If we'd had more time to plan, I would have gotten tickets, but he wasn't performing when we were there! :( But I DID get to see the theater, and I got a solemn promise from Jake that he'll take me to see Terry in the future:




In just about every parking garage, we saw footprints on the ceiling. Daniel tried to tell me that it was from people kicking up at the beams, but I'm not sure if he was just teasing me or not! Anyways, Jake made a print and it was so funny I had to take a picture:


We also went to the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay. This was the only picture we attempted with the three of us, and it turned out fuzzy! Hopefully my mother-in-law's turned out better.




And of course, we can't have any sort of family occasion without some tantrums:





All in all, it was a really good trip! we had a blast!

2 comments:

Ashton said...

oh how fun!!!! I love the pics... I LOVE Vegas! I am jealous of your spontaneous trip! Take me next time!

Emily said...

Fun trip to Vegas! I never knew that Sayer threw tantrums.. He sure puts on a good front! In your description of Jake, you need to add that he also likes downing a box of ice cream cones in one night! :) Love you guys!