Monday, January 19, 2009

Weekend fun

We had a great weekend, probably more fun than we've had in a long time! One of my favorite cousins, Rheanna, just returned from serving a mission in Rochester, New York, and we went to Utah this weekend to hear her report. We decided to make a full weekend out of it and had a blast!

Friday, we got to have dinner with Jake's cousin, Clarissa, and her husband and daughter, Kent and Lexi. We really have fun with the Burtons but we don't get to see them very often, and this was the first time we've seen Lexi since right after she was born! Here are some pics of our two adorable kids playing:







Saturday, Jake and I went shopping in Provo. My sweet mother (bless her heart, ha ha) offered to watch Sayer so we wouldn't have to cart him through the mall. It was so much fun! We never get to go shopping without him, so we took full advantage. I am proud to say that I bought a pair of jeans in a size I haven't been able to wear since I was about 16! Yahoo!

We also spent a lot of time with my grandmother and the rest of my family. I got to see a lot of family that I haven't seen in a long time, so it was fun to catch up. Rheanna's talk on Sunday, however, was the highlight of our weekend! She served a lot of her mission at the Church historical sites in Palmyra, and she has a very strong testimony of the Restoration. I am amazed by her faith and I'm so happy she's home!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Holy smokes girl! What's your secret to getting down to your 16 year old pant size? You rock! Thanks for saying hi while you were in town. ;) Love ya!

Allen said...

It was good to see you guys and visit for awhile!!