Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Island Park Fun

This last weekend, my family rented a cabin in Island Park and spent a few days riding snowmobiles, sledding, and whatever else we could find to keep us entertained. All of us but one were there, and we had a blast!

It was VERY warm the whole time we were there. Most of the time, we didn't even wear coats. Jake and Sean rode sleds in shorts most of the weekend! They love to have Kandice take pics of them jumping, and this year Jake got a little daring:





Sean was really proud of this pic, because he was looking at the camera:



The boys had a great time jumping off the deck into the snowbanks:



Diana had this BRILLIANT idea to ride a sled down the really steep steps at the cabin. Everyone was doing it, but I did my best to stay in the background and out of their line of sight. This worked very well, until I decided to videotape everyone else! They basically forced me into the sled.





I wasn't very happy with Jake:



Saturday, we spent a few hours at a big sledding hill. Dewey was nice enough to share his little sled with Sayer, and they fell asleep after a little bit of dragging by Diana:



We had a great time together! Sayer and I slid down the hill a few times together. We didn't even use a sled because the snow was so wet and slick. We were lucky to have "taxis" to cart us back up the hill so we didn't have to walk!





Sayer is very lucky to have two cousins on my side, Aedan and Dewey, who are his age. The three of them have a lot of fun together. He loves his other cousins, too!











We took a lot of pics of Sayer this week! He is so photogenic; I just love him!





The cabin we rented even had a hot tub! The kids really liked this; I think they spent almost an entire day in the hot tub. These are my four beautiful nieces-Hallie, Katie, Kylee, and Tasha:



We had a lot of fun at night, too! Boyd and his family brought their Wii and Rockband, and we spent a lot of time jamming out. I totally rock at the drums.





Sean thought he was really funny and suggested some challenges. He leg wrestled and arm wrestled Boyd, and lost miserably both times! I love the arm wrestling pic, because Sean is obviously dying and Boyd is just relaxed and smiling at the camera. My two bros are hilarious!



Dad suggested stick pulling next. Again, nobody could beat Boyd, but they had a fun time trying! Sean and Jake were a little more even:



Even the little ones got in on the action.



Mom really wanted to leg wrestle me. I think this one was sixes: she won one, I won one.



We packed a lot into three days! Sean was in an evil mood and played a lot of pranks. He roped me into helping him with one: we set an alarm for three in the morning and hid it under Boyd's bed! Everyone knew about it and we all asked him how he'd slept the next morning, but he didn't say anything about it. In fact, it was that afternoon before something I said about an alarm clocked triggered him to ask about it! The funniest part about it was that the alarm had a battery backup, and even though he'd unplugged it the night before, it went off again the second night!

It was a great weekend. We had a lot of fun, ate a lot of food, and got really, really wet! It's good to be home again.

3 comments:

Lusk Family said...

Sound like one crazy event! Glad you had some time to relax, sounds like you needed it with the way the last little while has gone for you!

Kandice said...

That arm wrestling pic is classic. We should enlarge it for a b-day gift. Although I don't know if it would be funnier to give it to Boyd or Sean! Hahaha

Emily said...

Hey~ That looks like a ton of fun! All your activities and bonding.. priceless! Those are all great pics!