Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Change of plans...again.

It's been a very eventful week, and the best I can say is that if Jake and I aren't constantly changing our plans, all is not right in Who-ville! Firstly, we are no longer buying our house. It's a long and upsetting story that I won't bore you with, but suffice it to say that we trusted someone we shouldn't have and everything fell through at the last minute. I of course spent most of the day crying and Jake spent most of it cussing, but eventually we calmed down and realized we were in quite a pickle! Here we are, camped out in my parents' basement, expecting to close on a house within days, our stuff scattered all over the county, our records in limbo between two wards, and no house! We'd packed and moved with the assumption that we'd all ready be in our house by now, so we decided we just needed to find a new option.

So now for the option: we've found a new home! This one is in Groveland. We had gone through all of the listings in the paper without much luck; Jake wasn't even going to call on this one but I convinced him to and we're sure glad we did! It was originally listed as a rental, but the owner mentioned to Jake that he was hoping to sell it and we are fairly sure we'll be buying it from him in the next few months. This way, we get to move in sooner and try out the house and neighborhood before we do anything permanent. The owners are remodeling it and it SHOULD be ready for us to move in next Wednesday.

In retrospect, I think this is a good thing for us. I have felt a little uneasy about things for the past few weeks (if you couldn't tell from my posts); things were just moving too slowly and the information we were being given just didn't add up. I feel a lot better about things now and hopefully this new option will go as planned. If not, I guess we will cross that bridge when it comes.

In other news, I have officially completed the admissions process for the College of Education! I had my admissions interview last night, which was the last step. It was a little intimidating, because I had to make a video of myself teaching to show during the interview, and then pick it apart for the interviewers and tell them what I did wrong, etc. I think it went pretty well and I should know by the end of the month if I've been accepted. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

The VanOrden Family said...

so sorry things didn't work out with your house...maybe in the long run, it was a good things although i'm sure it doesn't seem like it right now! let us know if we can help at all!

Emily said...

Wow, Amos. So sorry to hear about the roller coaster that you've been riding. Maybe you should start thinking that Draper's where you should be! :) Seriously though, I hope things start going your way so you can get settled quick. Not knowing where you'll be in a month is no fun.
P.S. Funny "Idaho Wife" joke. :)