Friday, June 25, 2010

Here you go, Kandice...

So I'm being bullied by my big sister because I've been slacking on this blog; I guess that means it's time for an update on our lives! I really don't have an excuse for not blogging; laziness, I guess :)

Sari is now almost five months old! I can't hardly believe it. She is such a sweet baby and always so happy. I love this age because she is so interactive, but can't crawl or walk yet so she's not into everything! She was a little fussy for a few months because of reflux, but she's responded really well to the medication. It's amazing to me to see, even at this age, the personality differences between my two kids. Sari is definitely a girl and has a major attitude, especially when she's being ignored. If she cries, she's either hungry or bored, and both are pretty easy fixes! So we've been lucky this time around. She has this funny little scream that's not really an unhappy noise; usually it's what we get when we aren't paying enough attention to her. She still doesn't have much hair, but what she does have is curly and looks like it might be red! Her eyes are still iffy-today they look brown but they've been getting lighter over the last few days so who knows.



LOVE that smile!


I hope she never gets tired of the bows and flowers!



At her four-month checkup, she was 13 lbs. 8 oz, and 24 inches long. We were a little sad because it was her last appointment with our pediatrician, Dr. Parsons, who is retiring next week :( We absolutely love her and are sad to see her go!

Sari is also not the "baby" anymore! Jake's sister Mindy and her husband, Daniel, had a baby girl, Halee Enid, the first week of May. Sean and Diana (my brother and sis-in-law) welcomed Hank D the second week of May, and Kandice and Brett had Brianna Shea on June 16! They are all adorable and I'm sure they will be the best of friends for Sari. My mom and I got to watch Kylee and Aedan while Kandice was in the hospital, and Diana brought Hallie, Dewey, and Hank over to play as well. We went to Arby's for lunch where my brother Boyd is the manager. It was so fun! The little kids all LOVE Uncle Boyd and went running as soon as they saw him. It was cute to see how his face lit up because he kinda likes them, too :)



Sayer will be three in a couple of weeks. Oh boy, does this make me feel old! He has changed a lot in the past few months and we are really starting to feel the change from having a toddler to having a little boy. I can't believe how quickly he picks things up! His vocabulary is excellent but he still has some really funny phrases and words. For instance:
  • "woovies" (movies)
  • "axanent" (accident)
  • "nas wight" (last night)
  • "tomaryo" (tomorrow)
  • "shubbo" (shovel)
  • "Mom, whatchu DOin?"
  • "I'm sad right now"
  • "No, don't well at me, I'm nice Sayer!" (well=yell)
There are tons more but it'd take me a year to write them all down :) He and Sari are the best of friends. I was worried before she was born that we'd see a lot of acting out and jealousy from him, but he has loved her from day one and is very protective of her! It's pretty cute to see her face light up when he talks to her. This pic is kind of old; it's from Sari's very first day at church. She was about a month old.



This is another pic of Sari's blessing day. I forgot to post this before; it's funny because when I was putting her dress on I realized how small it was. If we'd waited another week, it might not have fit! No wonder she looked like this all day:



Sayer has also finally learned to pedal his bike. He got a really nice bike for his birthday last year, but couldn't quite master the pedaling part. So we'd have to push him around forever and it got really old. Then one day a few months ago, I realized he was actually pedaling on his own!



He also loves riding with Grandma and Liberty:



Now just to get back at Kandice, I have to post these:





Our good friend Callie came down for Memorial Weekend. She is hilarious! We've lived next door to the Tew's my whole life and they're great friends for all of us. Callie recently graduated from cosmetology school and was nice enough to come give Kandice and me new 'dos. Kandice's was wayyyy shorter; Aedan wasn't too sure how he felt about that :)



I didn't get any after pics, but we both looked fabulouso! Thanks tons to Callie for making us look so great!

Other than that, we are just trying to enjoy our summer! I'm a little nervous for fall semester because since I will be going five days a week this year, I have decided to put my kids in daycare instead of having family watch them. I haven't done it yet because I have a slight phobia of strangers watching my kids and daycare really scares me; any suggestions as to how to get over this would be greatly appreciated! ;) I was lucky enough to get them into the Early Learning Center on campus, which is really great and makes me a little less nervous. I am very excited that this will be my final year at ISU and I will be student teaching in the spring!

1 comment:

Kandice said...

Jeez, finally! :-) I love the pic from Arby's...but that's not really our Boyd is it???

PS: I found a grammatical error in YOUR post! But I'll let you figure out what it was...