Friday, June 19, 2009

We're very boring, really

I just realized that I haven't blogged in like a month. That is so weird for me! It's mostly due to the fact that we haven't been doing much of anything, and partly because I don't have any new pics to post, which drives me nuts.

Life tends to be a little boring for us this time of year. Most of our summer fun happens in July-August, and believe me, we're looking forward to it. My parents have been gone a lot for business trips, and Jake's parents have been in Alaska most of the summer for his dad's job. Since we don't do much outside of our families, this equals BORING! Jake has been busy finishing his brother Jason's house and helping my parents get ready to add on to their house, and all of this of course is in addition to his full-time job. What a man, baby!

Sayer is driving me CRAZY! I guess it's a good kind of crazy. I can't believe he's going to be two in a couple of weeks! The kid never stops moving. His bedtime went from 8:30 to 10:30 and it's all we can do to get him to sleep then. His vocabulary is amazing. These are some of our new favorites:

  • "Coons" (cartoons)
  • "Samat" (sandwich-usually in conjunction with "Peen", which is peanut butter :)
  • "Mahee" (Handy Manny-the least annoying cartoon on Disney and fortunately, Sayer's favorite)
  • "Sing" (Swing...our church building has nice swings out back. We walk over there a few times a week to swing, but now when we walk to church Sayer gets all excited and thinks we're going to swing. Pretty sad when I have to tell him that instead we get to go sit quietly and listen to grown-ups talk for three hours.)
  • "Peesa" (pizza! his favorite!)
  • "Cweam" (Ice cream. Of course.)

My life is about to get a little busier. I have been called to serve in the Mia Maids in our ward! I'm pretty intimidated because not only do I not know ANY of the youth in our ward, but our Mia Maid class is so big we have to have 3 leaders! I was actually pretty excited; serving in Primary for so long left me ready for a real change. This should be really fun. I'll let ya know how it goes.

2 comments:

EMiller said...

I got a kick out of the vocabulary. What a doll.

Emily said...

So sorry about your new calling. You'll be so good at it though! Sayer's vocab made me hungry!