Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I'm gonna go gray and have wrinkles before I'm 30!

We have had an eventful couple of weeks! Jake got nine days off from work, lucky dog, and I've had him pretty busy with "honey-do's" for most of that time. We are hitting a lot of milestones with Sayer and I've started to realize that (almost) two-year-olds require a LOT more attention than even a newborn! Or maybe it's just MY crazy (almost) two-year-old.

The parenting books call his type the "spirited" or "difficult" child. I call him hell on wheels! I constantly find him climbing the drawer handles, after I have put all of the chairs up on the table, to get to the knives or the phone just because he knows he can't have them. It took him ten minutes to figure out the childproof doorknob covers I put on in an attempt to keep him out of the bathroom and away from my makeup!

To make things even more interesting, Sayer learned how to climb out of his crib AND open his bedroom door all in the same week. Goodbye, bedtime! Not that this is a huge difference from before. Sayer used to go down for the night very easily, but ever since our moves we've had a hard time getting him to bed at night. But NOW, instead of just letting him cry himself to sleep, he can get out! His new bedtime routine is laying in bed with Dad (it HAS to be Jake, he doesn't want anything to do with me at night) until he falls asleep, when we carry him to bed. He has been waking up in the middle of the night and climbing in bed with us, which is not too great for our sleep because of course, he has to take up half the bed. I am currently trying Diana's "Super Nanny" trick that she used with Hallie. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated! I am going crazy!

This has led to a milestone in Sayer's life! We started to worry about him getting hurt or breaking the crib, so we've converted it into a toddler bed with the guard rails. Sayer was excited to help Dad:





He is also having fun "helping"with yard work. My two boys both love their Texas hats; if you know Jake at all, you know that he doesn't buy a hat unless it's a Longhorn hat. He doesn't even support the team; he just likes the hats! What a poser :)



I get to watch Hallie and Dewey every once in awhile, which is so much fun for us! My mom bought Dewey, Aedan, and Sayer matching pj's, I got some cute pics of Dewey and Sayer in their cute pj's. Some day, this is going to make a great yearbook pic, or blackmail; I haven't decided which yet.


I love these two! They are so cute and so much fun to have over!


Life gets more and more interesting every day. I complain a lot about Sayer, but I am really totally in love with him and I love watching him learn new things. His deductive skills are better than mine some days and he is a genius at finding solutions to problems like, oh, how to get his pacifier off the top of the fridge (yes, he did manage this one-my final hiding place he couldn't get to!). He definitely keeps me on my toes!

4 comments:

olsen said...

Hahaha HELL ON WHEELS! You should meet my child!!!! Braylee has been in a toddler bed for AWHILE now and she does great but every month or so she has a night that she decides to stay in bed for about 5 mins then get out and come in our room...We put a babygate on the outside of her door. So when I close her door at night I hurry and put a babygate there and so when she opens it she realizes she isn't getting out so she says "screw it" and goes back to sleep...There is one idea...If that doesnt work my other friends kid had that issue they tied a string on his door nob to the bathroom or closest knob haha and basically locked him in there. Eventually he falls asleep...Mean moms I know...ANywho! I miss you girl! I am coming to the states in September and gonna be in Idaho here and there so WE will get together and let our Hellyans play!!

Emily said...

Honestly Aim, what did you expect with a mixture between you and Jake? A quiet and shy kid? Right. :) Gotta love that smart little boy.

seananddiana said...

Man, those two really are cute kids! :)

Anonymous said...

Sayer is adorable! He sounds like he is ALL BOY! My nephew is the same way. I wish you the best :)lol. Hey it was really nice to see you awhile back. You look amazing! Hope you are having a great summer. Aren't you building a house? How is it coming along? Your blog is really cute too.