We have had a lot of changes this summer, and we're feeling it! It's kind of hard to explain but everything has a different feel. Sayer turned three in July and has officially left the toddler stage. We now have a little boy who comprehends more, remembers EVERYTHING, and has amazing deductive reasoning. He can count to nine (he always forgets ten), tell you the names of his entire family, and is currently mastering his phone number. He can tell you every kind of tool needed to plant a garden, build a house, or fix a car; what's more, he can use most of them if they're not under lock and key! He is a little more obedient and a LITTLE less wild. He absolutely loves tractors and will ride around with his dad or grandpa for hours. He is really funny to listen to; today when I picked him up from school he told me, "Everyone called me SAWYER" and gave me this disgruntled look that was so funny I just laughed, even though people calling him Sawyer is my biggest pet peeve!

He and Sari are amazing together as well. Sayer is so protective of his baby sister and takes care of her constantly, whether it's getting her a blanket or binkie or telling me when she's hungry. Occasionally I'll wake up in the morning to find Sayer in the crib with his sister, tucking her in or just making her laugh! He has really taken on the big brother role and I'm so glad he is our oldest. Sari loves him and lights up whenever he's around.
Sari is now seven months old and has left that newborn phase. She smiles constantly, just like her brother, and has a really sweet disposition. She is now sitting up and putting everything in her reach right into her mouth so we have to watch what we leave lying around! She does get impatient sometimes and has the funniest little scream. Still no hair to speak of-good thing she doesn't mind the bows, because there's nothing worse than your baby girl being mistaken for a boy :)

I have officially begun my final year at ISU!!! This school year has a different feel, mainly because this semester will be my last one on campus before I student teach. I feel like I've entered a new phase too, because I'm actually in the classroom this year and putting my skills to use. I have a pretty intense class load, including spending every morning in a classroom at Franklin Middle School. I was really apprehensive about this because of the time involved but I have a hard time leaving every day. I am working with seventh grade literature students and have been paired with Mrs. Marci Bartu, who is an awesome cooperating teacher! I'll be sad to leave her class in December.
The start of the school year also meant taking my kids to strangers for the first time. I refuse to use the word "day care" because I have an issue with it, so we call it "school". Sayer absolutely loves school and most days he cries when we have to leave! His teachers are Miss Misty and Mr. Bryce, and he tells me all the time they're his "best friends" :) I really wasn't worried about leaving him because I'm so used to nursery, but Sari is a different story. Luckily, she has great teachers, Miss Tabitha and Miss Callie, who are great with babies and love to play with Sari. My schedule allows me to go in and nurse her at lunch, so that makes it a little easier to leave her every day.
We haven't seen much of Dad around this summer! Jake has been lucky (or unlucky) enough to be in Wyoming all summer for work. It's great money on the positive side, but it means he's only home on weekends so that's a lot to take! But we appreciate him so much for being willing to be away from home so much.
I think that's all! Stay tuned for some pics (I hope).



3 comments:
Your kids are so STINKIN cute. :) I'm sorry that your hubby is in Wyoming, we did that for a little while last year and it is NO fun. I can't imagine how you are doing it with 2 kids and SCHOOL. Go you! It sounds like you're doing really well though and I think you'll make one excellent teacher! Oh, and why do they call him SaWyer?? It is clearly spelled the way it is said... "/
You should ask for a camera for Christmas...you need that more than a Kindle! ;-) Hopefully soon we'll have family pics we can post, but maybe we need to do some more of our own sometime.
You must have me confused with someone else!!!
What cute kids --- I am glad I ran across your blog.
Post a Comment