This birth experience was completely different from my experience with Sayer. We had to be at the hospital at 7:00 a.m. on Friday morning, so Thursday night we went to my mom and dad's and my dad helped Jake give me a blessing. Friday, we dropped Sayer off at Grandma Lilya's and checked in to the hospital. Within a few minutes I was in a gown and had the monitors and IV hooked up, and I talked to my doctor and the anesthesiologist. I expected to have to wait awhile because there was a C-section before mine, so I turned on the TV to watch the news. But in walked the nurses to take me to the OR! They told Jake to change and they'd come get him when I was ready.
It was so relaxing this time!!! The nurses chatted while they got me ready and the doctor and pediatrician said hi before we got started. I heard Dr. Larson say, "Okay, here we go" and I had to remind them to bring Jake in! Within a few minutes I heard Sari cry and they took Jake to the other side of the room to watch her being checked out. She was born at 8:56 a.m. and she was 8 lbs and 20 inches long.
The only downside to this birth was that when I talked to the anesthesiologist, she decided that the reason I got so sick with Sayer was because of the Duramorph they gave me in my epidural. She warned me that it was a huge part of the pain control in a C-section so I wouldn't be sick but I would be in a lot more pain. She wasn't kidding! But it was still a lot nicer to deal with than being so sick.
Sari's oxygen levels were low so she spent a few hours under the hood, and she had borderline blood sugar so she had to have formula in the nursery. But she is doing great now and we are home trying to adjust to two kids!



Sari under the hood. How sad :(

Sayer didn't even hesitate when he saw Sari; he knew exactly who she was and made a beeline for her and tried to take her from Grandma! It was so cute how excited he got!





Sayer was so excited he couldn't stop smiling and giggling the whole time! Neither could Jake :)



Just had to throw in this one of Jake and Sayer. Sayer has really become a Daddy's boy lately and wants to do everything Dad is doing. So when Jake pulled out a "snowmo" magazine, Sayer climbed up on his lap and stayed there for almost an hour!

I am so blessed to have such great and healthy kids! Not to mention my husband; he has really been great. I came home to a clean house and new sheets on the bed. This is something he did for me with Sayer and it's kind of become our tradition; it's amazing how nice it feels to sleep on new sheets the first night home!



7 comments:
Way cute! Congratulations. I love the first picture of Jake, Sayer, & the baby. I hope all is well.
Sayer is so dang cute with Sari...give a few years and see if he still feels the same lol.
Congratulations, she is adorable! I would agree with Trish I love the first picture of Jake, Sayer and Sari. You have some cute kids!!!
Oh- contragts Amy! You have such a cute family!
Congrats.. she is beautiful! I love all her bows, and hats... I can't wait to have a girl! I love how big Sayers smile is in every pic!
Cute baby Amy.....how are you doing?
Cute baby Amy.....how are you doing?
Post a Comment