Cody and Teera are wonderful parents all ready, and baby Attie is beautiful! It makes me wish my little one would just get here!
I found out a nifty piece of family history while I was there. Cody and Teera have a beautiful baby cradle for Attie, and imagine my surprise when my mom told me that she used it for me! My Aunt Phoebe bought it when her oldest daughter was born, and it has been passed around the family for 25 years. Cody and his sister, Rheanna (who are my cousins, by the way), also slept in it, as well as a few of my other cousins. When each baby outgrew the cradle, the mother would write their name on the bottom of the cradle. I was so excited that I made my mom and Cody turn it over (I was holding Attie :) and take pictures of this neat little heirloom. Hopefully I'll con it out of them by the time my baby comes in February :)
You can't read the entire NOVEL my mom wrote, but you get the general idea. Cody's name is above mine.
It was a quick trip, and we got a lot done but had hardly any breathing room. We missed a couple of stops we really wanted to make, but we had a good time and hope to see Attie again very soon!



3 comments:
Those missed stops wouldn't happen to include Tai Pan and the Quilted Bear would they? Cause we happen to have an excuse to go this weekend. ;-)
I never knew about the cradle...I wonder why they didn't use it for me...maybe Maggie had it.
They bought it for Kate, and she was born after you....yeah, Mom totally bagged out on Quilted Bear and Tai Pan!! And we were gonna go see Lesa and Joshua but we didn't.
Jake, it's your cousin, Donnarae. Just blog stalking all the cousins. I found yours on Trisha Hartley Callister's. Just thought I'd say hi and that I will now be blog stalking you, if you don't mind. :)
Post a Comment