I have been a little lax on my blogging for the past little while. The last month of school was really stressful and busy and I didn't really have time to do fun things like blogging and oh, sleeping, for a few weeks! I will take the time later to update everything we've been up to, but I just wanted to post a quick update on our baby girl.
I went to the doctor yesterday and everything is right on schedule! I'm 31 weeks along right now. She is growing like crazy and sitting really high right now; last month I grew 7 centimeters when I should have only grown around 4. So I'm a little miserable with cute little feet, hands, and elbows in my ribs, but I'm glad she's healthy. At our big hospital ultrasound around 24 weeks, she was all ready measuring a week ahead of her due date and she's still growing. I have a feeling she's going to be bigger than her brother!
Yesterday was also the day we scheduled the big event. It was a little hairy at first. Dr. Larson told me we'd take her two weeks early to lessen the chances of me going into labor, and because my dates are so good he decided to let me go a few days earlier than that since my 38 week mark is a Sunday. So we decided to try for February 5, which is a Friday. The hospital only schedules C-sections on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. He warned me while we were talking that the hospital only does one C-section on Mondays and Fridays, so if someone all ready had it scheduled we'd have to pick another day.
Of course, knowing my luck, someone had all ready scheduled the 5th, but we decided to try anyways. They wouldn't let me schedule Monday the 8th as a backup, so I was a little nervous that someone would snatch that day up and I'd have to wait until the 10th (not that I wouldn't love for her to share your birthday, Em Harding :) I just got the call that they've decided to allow an extra C-section that day, so our daughter's birthday is officially the 5th of February! (That is, assuming she waits until then and doesn't decide to surprise us.)
We've also picked a name: Sari Louise Lilya. (Sari is pronounced like "Sara" with an "e" on the end). Louise is the name of my grandma who was baptized a few months ago. We felt like this was an appropriate tribute to the lady we love so much! And yes, I do realize that Sayer and Sari begin with the same letter and are very similar. Just FYI, this wasn't done on purpose. We aren't trying to be cutesy and make all our kids' names match; we just happened to like Sari and so that's the name we settled on! And yes, I also realize that I'll probably spend half my life mixing them up. We don't really care about that. ;) If you haven't guessed yet, we've gotten a lot of these types of reactions from people so far!
So it's official: six weeks from Christmas day our baby girl will be here! We can't wait!
Ian T-ball
15 years ago



7 comments:
Amy,
I am so excited for you & your family to have a baby girl. I went to Dr. Larson when we lived in Idaho and I loved that he would let me have my babies early. Repeat C-Sections are much easier to deal with than the original C so you'll do great...your body already knows what to do. Enjoy your holidays with Sayer because soon you're going to be one busy momma!
Feb. 5th sounded far away til you said 6 weeks from this Friday. Cute name! Hope your family is having a great holiday season.
That's exciting news Amy, I'm glad both you and baby are healthy and doing well. You will love having a little girl they are so much fun. By the way I adore her name...Very Pretty!! Good Luck with the rest of the pregnancy! :)
So it's sari like the Indian clothing? That's spelled the same, too! I like it. Unless that's not the way you pronounce it and then I like whatever the right way is.
luskjd2007@yahoo.com! glad to hear that everything is going good with this baby! Cant wait to see her!!
Congratulations! I think it's kind of cool to already know your baby girls birthday:) I love the name too. Hope everything goes as planned. Hope you and your family had a wonderful christmas and new years! Can't wait to see your new addition.
Post a Comment